Intercultural learning for pupils and teachers
In our increasingly multicultural society Intercultural Learning becomes more important every day. We need to provide students with relevant competences in order to be active in school and society. Building on these needs, two Life Long Learning Platform
members – the European Federation for Intercultural Learning and the European School Heads Association
- joined forces. The objective of their Erasmus+ project ‘Intercultural Learning for pupils and teachers’
is to offer school leaders and teachers of upper secondary schools trainings and tools to include intercultural learning in every subject and aspect of the school life.
In the period September 2017 to March 2018, several 3-day specialized courses around Europe will be organized. The courses will enable experienced teachers and school heads to:
• present their own intercultural experiences and enhance their intercultural competences
• link intercultural education theories to observed behaviors
• be aware about mobility opportunities for them and for the students and how to valorize them
• assess intercultural competences of pupils
• implement the whole school approach linked to intercultural learning, in a systemic way
• navigate existing resources
• create modules on intercultural learning linked to specific-curricula and cross curricular
• have the opportunity to pilot the tools in their classes and school.
The project partners are currently working on these courses. The dates and the enlistment procedures will be published at the website: intercultural-learning.eu
Pedagogic approach to intercultural learning
In 2018 the project will also develop recommendations on how to include intercultural education in the curricula of teachers and pupils, and ensure that studying abroad is recognised as a great educational experience for pupils, within this objective. Ultimately, the project aims at making sure that in the future everyone receives the adequate learning opportunities to live and work in diverse communities.
Who we are
Read more about the organisations taking part here. Please visit our website intercultural-learning.eu and subscribe to our newsletter to receive information on the training courses offered and the project development! For more information, contact us .