Following the Berlin Conference 'Moving Beyond Mobility'
in 2008, AFS Italy and Fondazione Intercultura organised the First and Second Forum on Intercultural Learning and Exchange in Colle di Val d'Elsa, Italy, respectively in October 2009 and October 2011. AFS Italy and AFS Austria alternated in hosting in the period 2012-2014 and involved EFIL and AFS Intercultural Programs in its organisation, making the Forum EFIL’s fourth annual flagship project
Participation to the Forum is by invitation only
and gathers about 60 participants among school exchange experts, both researchers and practitioners.
- Colle di Val d’Elsa (Italy), October 3rd-6th 2009
Topic: Intercultural learning in study abroad and re-entry issues
- Colle di Val d'Elsa (Italy), October 28th-29th 2011.
Topic:The other side of exchange: intercultural learning through hosting
- Wien (Austria), October 4th-6th 2012
Topic: The Contribution of Exchange to Intercultural Learning for Educational Institutions
- Colle di Val d'Elsa (Italy), September 27th-30th 2013
Topic: Assessing Intercultural Learning in Student and Pupil Exchanges: Exploring Evidence of Success
- Wien (Austria), October 9th-11th 2014
Topic: Intercultural learning for adolescents: indicators and measurement of competence acquired through non formal education and informal learning on educational exchanges
- Colle di Val d'Elsa (Italy), October 29th-31st 2015
Topic: The school assessment of the intercultural learning of pupils during and after individual exchanges abroad
- Colle di Val d'Elsa (Italy), November 3rd-6th 2016
Topic: The intercultural training of teachers: what, when, how?
- Colle di Val d'Elsa (Italy), November 2nd-5th 2017
Topic: The intercultural training of teachers: from theory to practice
to know more about reserch conducted by AFS International on AFS programmes